Our club is a collection of like-minded women who have a passion for helping others and spreading kindness throughout our community. Take a moment to review the collect of the CJWC.
Symbolism of GFWC Emblem
GFWC’s emblem depicts a circular band signifying eternity. In the center of the circular band, the crusader’s shield emerges from a darkened world (represented by the field of darkness), which represents enlightenment. The enameled colors—red, white, and blue—are the colors of the United States of America. The red implies courage, the white equals purity, and the blue stands for constancy.
How to Join GFWC Cookeville Jr. Woman’s Club
Interested in being a part of the club? We would be so glad to have you! Below are some of the guidelines that our members follow. Interested in joining? Come to our next meeting on the third Thursday of every month at the First Presbyterian Church.
- You are expected at all meetings. If you cannot attend, you have two available choices: You can attend a Board Meeting on the first Monday of every month at 5:30 pm, or you may take that meeting as one of your free missed meetings of the year. If you miss 4 meetings you will be dropped from the roll. Of course we love to have previous members rejoin our club anytime.
- You have to be introduced at a Meeting and fill out an application and turn it in to the vice-president during your first meeting. You will then be a considered a Provisional member.
- You must attend two consecutive business meetings, and a New Member Orientation Meeting. The vice-president will provide you with that information.
- You will be initiated as a full member during your third Business Meeting.
- You can at any time decide if you are or are not interested. After initiation you will be considered a member and will be subject to all rules concerning a member.
- You are expected at all meetings. If you cannot attend, you have two available choices. You can attend a Board Meeting, or you may take that meeting as one of you free missed meetings of the year. If you miss 4 meetings you will be dropped from the roll. You are welcome to come back.
- You will be a part of two different committees. You are encouraged to participate in the activities of that committee but you are welcome to help in other committees too. You can’t do everything so pick what your interests will be.
- You will need to participate in our 2 biggest fundraisers of the year. The pecan sell is 1 case (24 bags) from each member to sell. This is not hard. They usually sell themselves and other members are glad to share their lists.
- SANTA’S WORKSHOP is the biggest. You have to work the minimum hours required by the Santa’s Workshop Chairman. You are encouraged heavily to help in other ways for Santa’s Workshop so no one person is doing it all. It is usually fun and simple work and you will enjoy being apart of this fundraiser.